Disclaimer: As of now, we are not paid by or affiliated with any organization, author, or publisher, and everything we write in our reviews is of our own opinion.
- If you would like to make a review request, please read our policy fully and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will receive and consider any review requests but are under no obligation to read and review your work. Each request will be deliberated on a case by case basis. If a request is accepted, a copy of the book in question must be sent to us in one of three ways: 1) mailed as a hardcopy 2) emailed as an electronic copy in EPUB or MOBI format, or 3) gifted through Amazon for Kindle. Though we will accept any of these formats, we prefer to be mailed a hardcopy.
- We will not read any books out of order in a series — if you would like us to review book #2, we must first read and review book #1.
- This blog is important to us, but we do have other obligations. It may take us 1-3 weeks to read and review your work and even that depends on how many review requests we have received. If something unavoidable happens and this time is lengthened in any way, you will be notified via email. You will also be notified once the review has been posted with a link to the blog’s post for your convenience.
- We will post our review on this website, Goodreads, and Amazon. If you would like our review published on any other websites, please let us know when you make your request.
- Along with reviews, we can also publish interviews, short bios, cover reveals, book giveaways, and more!
- Please keep in mind our below preferred reading genres before making your request:
Writing My Legacy: “Most of what I read is fiction (specifically young adult, fantasy, dystopian, historical fiction, magical realism, mystery, realistic fiction, coming-of-age stories, and graphic novels). I absolutely LOVE poetry and fairytale, religious, or mythological adaptations. As of now, my favorite fiction authors are Patricia Briggs, Kelley Armstrong, and Suzanne Collins. Recently, I have also come to enjoy historical non-fiction and memoirs, especially after reading journalist Denise Kiernan’s downright awe-inspiring work, The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II.”
InkReads: “I mostly like to read fiction too (young adult, contemporary, dystopian, classics, realistic fiction, historical fiction, and graphic novels). I also love anything related to poetry and art because both have a special place in my heart. It’s really hard to narrow down my favorite authors but here are some: J.K Rowling, Colleen Hoover, Jojo Moyes, Gary Schmidt, Cath Crowley, Jennifer Niven, Ghassan Kanafani, and Khaled Hosseini.”
Book Review Rating Scale:
★★★★★ Go buy it NOW!!!
★★★★ Definitely worth a read!
★★★ If it’s free (from library or friend) or cheap, read it.
★★ It’s okay, but you could live without reading it.
★ Firewood. At least it’s good for something.