Disclaimer: I am not paid by or affiliated with any organization, author, or publisher, and everything I write in my reviews is of my own opinion.
- If you would like to make a review request, please read my policy below and email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will receive and consider any review requests but am under no obligation to read and review your work. Each request will be deliberated on a case by case basis. If a request is accepted, a copy of the book in question must be sent to me in one of three ways: 1) mailed as a hardcopy 2) emailed as an electronic copy in EPUB format or 3) gifted through Amazon for Kindle or Barnes & Noble for Nook. Though I will accept any of these formats, I prefer to be mailed a hardcopy.
- I will not read any books out of order- if you would like me to review book #2, I must first read and review book #1.
- This blog is important to me, but because I’m currently going to school AND working, I do have other obligations. It may take me 1-3 weeks to read and review your work. If something unavoidable happens and this time is lengthened in any way, you will be notified via email. You will also be notified once the review has been posted with a link to the blog’s post for your convenience.
- I will post my review on this blog, Goodreads, and Amazon. If you would like my review published to any other websites, please let me know when you make your request.
- Keep in mind that since my preferred writing genre is fiction, it is safe to assume what I read is also mostly fiction (especially fantasy fiction and dystopian fiction)- though I do enjoy the occasional non-fiction/memoir piece.
- I’m not too interested in horror or hard science fiction, but you never know.
- I will NOT accept any erotica. There’s a difference between a novel with a few sex scenes (it wouldn’t be realistic if an in-love couple didn’t have sex) and a novel that revolves around sex.
- To give you an idea of what I read, I’ve jotted down a list of a few authors I absolutely adore and that I make sure to keep tabs on- wouldn’t want to miss out on their latest novels, now would I?
o Patricia Briggs
o Cassandra Clare
o Mary Higgins Clark
o Kelley Armstrong
o Suzanne Collins
Book Review Rating Scale:
★★★★★ Go buy it NOW!
★★★★ Definitely worth a read.
★★★ If it’s free (from library or friend), read it.
★★ You could live without reading it.
★ Firewood. At least it’s good for something.