Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. However, we decided to take a page from Just Us Book Blog and split the Top Ten Tuesday posts between the two of us. We’ll each post our top five book choices (in no particular order) based on certain themes. If you would also like to participate, find out the rules by clicking here.
1. Orbiting Jupiterby Gary D, Schmidt ==> This was one of the fastest books that I have ever read, and I have cried a lot while reading it. It is short, but I felt I was part of the story that I couldn’t help but finish it in one setting.
2- Still Alice by Lisa Genova ==> This book wrecked me but in a really good way. It just gives you an inside look to what Alzheimer’s disease is.
3. Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley => Crowley is probably one of my favorite authors. Once I caught her books via Goodreads, I couldn’t stop but making sure I have read all of her books. PS: The protagonist in this book works in a bookstore.
4. DropKick Romance by Cyrus Parker ==> I finished this poetry book in one setting. I loved it! I highly recommend it. The book is divided to two sections: one dealing with a toxic relationship and the next one talking about a loving one. It’s really nice to see the shift in the voice and the author’s life through poetry.
5- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes ==> I really loved the book, but the movie ruined it for me. I should stop watching movies based on books because they 99% ruin it!!!!
This next five is a list of books on my TBR list for the summer:
6. Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs ==> I’m technically all the way caught up on these, but Patricia Briggs just keeps them coming and I LOVE it!
7. Alpha & Omega Series by Patricia Briggs ==> This series is by the same author, but I haven’t had a chance to read more than the first one. I really need to get my shit together!
8.The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner ==> I included this in last week’s TTT. I’ve only read The Maze Runner and really enjoyed it.
9. Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick ==> I can’t remember much about this series besides the fact that I’ve only read the first two. Guess if I want to read this, I’ll have to start right back at the beginning.
10. The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater ==> This is another series I’ll have to start from scratch if I want to pick it back up. But I remember really liking them, so I have them all on my kindle for when I have some more time.
What book series would you like to finish one day? Leave your answer as a comment below.