Welcome to Week 7 of Screenshot Saturdays.
Book covers for readers are like the raccoon traps in Where the Red Fern Grows. The shinier the better. When walking down an aisle toppling with books, it’s usually the covers (and their titles) that grab our attention. And against our better judgement, it is difficult not to make conclusions about the stories those covers hold.
Screenshot Saturdays is an original weekly meme where we’ll post writing prompts that consist of new or upcoming release covers. Create your own synapsis (or “screenshot”) of what you think the book is about based on that book’s cover and title.
- Don’t overthink it. Look at the cover, and just write.
- You may participate in this exercise just for fun, or you may post your response to your own blog or any other form of social media.
- If you post your response, be sure to include a link back to this blog, Writing My Legacy.
- To join, link up below (the blue frog button) with the URL to your blog POST (not your blog), your name, and your email (which will remain hidden).
- If you do not have a blog or form of social media in which to post your response, you may copy it into the comment box below.
- Each week, we will pick one response and post it here the following Saturday.