Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. However, we decided to take a page from Just Us Book Blog and split the Top Ten Tuesday posts between the two of us. We’ll each post our top five book choices (in no particular order) based on certain themes. If you would also like to participate, find out the rules by clicking here.
- Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch ==> I think this is great for a summer read time. It is light and really easy to read. Loved it!
2. 180 Seconds by Jessica Park. This was a really good book, and I was able to finish it in one sitting. Esben and Allison are so cute 🙂
3. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson ==> A Perfect summer read! I loved the friendship between Sloane and Emily’s friendship.
4- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. This book is probably one of my favorite books ever. It is so sweet and rich with its characters. Rowell was able to capture a short yet terrific novel.
5- One Plus One by Jojo Moeyes ==> This is a family book and I loved it! I think it is the perfect summer read because it is sooooo cute. I read it twice by now, and I like it more than Me Before You series.
This next five is a list of books on my TBR list for the summer:
6. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden ==> This is one that I’m still currently reading. It’s coming along slowly because of my summer job and the fact that I started reading something else at the same time.
7. The 100 by Kass Morgan ==> This is the other book I’m reading atm. I love the show so much and am also really enjoying the book.
8. Silver Birch, Blood Moon edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling ==> This is a collection of fairy tale adaptations written by several different authors. While I love fairy tale adaptations, the main reason I want to FINALLY read this is because Patricia Briggs (my favorite adult fantasy author) is one of the story contributors.
9. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner ==> This is the 2nd book of his Maze Runner series. I’ve only read the first one, and now I finally have time to finish the rest.
10. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell ==> So InkReads already has this on her list, but coincidentally, it is also on my summer TBR. I heard about this book during undergrad, and five years later, it’s finally on my kindle just waiting for me. This one is definitely next!
What books have you already read this summer or are planning to read? Leave your answer as a comment below.