Welcome to Week 25 of One-Minute Mondays.
It’s amazing how our brains work and how we can form a connection between coffee → your favorite coffee creamer flavor is cinnamon vanilla creme → you used to have a dog named Cinnamon → now you have a dog named Pepper who just left a trail of socks from your sock drawer to her bed, because she couldn’t decide which pair she liked best.
This unsystematic train of thought is the basis behind One-Minute Mondays, an original weekly meme where we’ll post writing prompts that consist of one or two random, out-of-the-box words. The goal is to read the prompt, set a timer to one-minute (or click the youtube timer I’ve provided below), and write the first thing that comes to mind.
- Let your mind wander like it’s supposed to.
- Don’t worry about sounding perfect and making complete sense.
- Don’t let your pencil/pen leave the page or your fingers leave the keyboard.
- Don’t stop to overthink. Just write.
- When your time is up, take a moment to read what you’ve written, and you may be surprised at how many potential writing prompts you’ve just created for yourself. ☺
- If you are interested in where your response is headed, you may exceed the one-minute time limit.
- You may participate in this exercise just for fun, or you may post your one-minute response to your own blog or any other form of social media.
- If you post your response, be sure to include a link back to this blog, Writing My Legacy.
- To join, link up below (the blue frog button) with the URL to your blog POST (not your blog), your name, and your email (which will remain hidden).
- If you do not have a blog or form of social media in which to post your response, you may copy it into the comment box below.
- Each week, we will pick one response and post it here the following Monday.
And the theme for this week is…..