Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where I’ll post my top ten book choices (in no particular order) based on certain themes. If you would also like to participate, find out the rules by clicking here.
1. Patricia Briggs: I don’t have all her books, but I will. If you enjoy strong female characters and mythological/fantasy themes, this author is a MUST read. Unfortunately, not many people know about Patricia Briggs, because her books fall under “adult fiction” instead of YA. But I haven’t read a fantasy fiction author who has been able to surpass her. Check her out. Her novels are worth it – especially her Mercy Thompson series.
2. Jane Austen: The only reason Jane Austen is on this list is because I own about five or six copies of Pride and Prejudice. What can I say? I’m a sucker for fancy covers.
3. Cassandra Clare: I have all The Mortal Instruments books and am in the process of purchasing the last two novels in The Infernal Devices series.
4. Nathaniel Hawthorne: This is another case of the “I just can’t seem to stop collecting all these fascinatingly different and captivating editions.” If someone knows of a cure, PLEASE feel free to advise.
5. Kelley Armstrong: My favorite of her series is Darkest Powers. Of course, I also own several of her other books since she is one of my favorite authors.
All of my books have been packed away for the big move, so I had to create this week’s list from memory. Unfortunately, these were the only authors that stood out in my mind, and I couldn’t make it all the way to ten. Sorry about that. In any case, wish me luck at the University!
What are your favorite authors? Leave your answer as a comment below. My bookcase (and floor) always have room for more. 🙂